The Director, People Operations will contribute to the overall People Strategy for the US & UK business, bringing together Benefits, Payroll and People Operations, into efficient and compliant end to end people processes and with a strong focus international stock/share plan administration. The Director, HR Operations will also develop a first-class user experience (UX) for all employees relating to all interactions with the People Operations function.
COMPASS Pathways plc is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
COMP360 has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has received Innovative Licensing and Access Pathway (ILAP) designation in the UK for treatment-resistant depression (TRD). We have completed a phase IIb clinical trial of psilocybin therapy for TRD, in 22 sites across Europe and North America. This was the largest randomised, controlled, double-blind psilocybin therapy clinical trial ever conducted, and our topline data showed a statistically significant (p<0.001) and clinically relevant improvement in depressive symptom severity after three weeks for patients who received a single high dose of COMP360 psilocybin with psychological support. We are also running a phase II clinical trial of COMP360 psilocybin therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). COMPASS is headquartered in London, UK, with offices in New York and San Francisco in the US. Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing. www.compasspathways.com
Location: Home or Office based in the United Kingdom or the United States.
Reports to: The Director, People Operations will report to the Chief People Officer.
Roles and responsibilities
Payroll and benefits specific responsibilities:
- Accountable for the design and implementation of the executive reward agenda to support the delivery of the business and people strategy. This includes all elements of the executive reward policy, share plans, process management and governance
- Oversee and is accountable for; all local & global benefits (core and voluntary) including the management of third-party partners (market data providers, strategic reward consultants, communication specialists, legal advisers, benefits providers and the remuneration committee)
- Manage and govern annual reward processes – salary reviews, bonus out-turns, long term incentive nominations and long-term incentive vestings
- Maintain market data and participate in pay and benefits surveys that enable access to current market pay data to support HR and line managers
- Ensure the monthly payroll and benefits processes have good governance and process in place
- Ensure payroll data accuracy, reliability, confidentiality, timeliness and completeness, monitoring overall payroll service delivery
- Ensure smooth share plan administration and connection to payroll along with the corporate secretary
- Work in partnership with Finance and Legal function to ensure full connectiveness on all payroll and reward matters
People Operations specific responsibilities:
- Lead the effective delivery of a high quality, consistent standard of customer service in core areas of People Operations such as the production of documentation and processes that underpin the entire employee lifecycle, HR systems and Payroll
- Establish appropriate metrics and service levels and manage through use of data
- Interact closely with HR leaders to ensure that the functional scope and service levels are meeting or exceeding expectations and agreed goals
- Ensure that the People Operations function is always compliant with internal policy requirements and external business and legal requirements and take all steps necessary to make sure this always remains the case
- Ensure HRIS needs for Payroll and People Operations are identified and implemented
- Own all HR systems, knowledge-base, document management and processes
- Stay abreast of best in class HR operations technologies and process requirements
Essential Experience & Skills:
- An HR professional with a strong people operations background and a deep expertise in SOX and in US & UK stock plan administration
- Experience with privacy requirements for UK
- Brings extensive HR experience across both BAU and project roles
- Experience with professional employer organisations
- Prior experience of managing across several disciplines within the HR function (ideally benefits, people operations, payroll)
- Customer service and process oriented
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills and ability to flex style in a fluid, ambiguous environment and with members of the leadership teams
- A logical thinker, proactive in coming up with recommendations and own point of view whilst being able to apply consultative style on complex issues, before reaching a conclusion
- Able to plan and organise complex projects successfully, including the delegation of tasks as necessary, in a structured and practical way
- Ability to take personal responsibility to consistently focus on quality work, in an environment where accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail
- Is a critical thinker who has delivered continuous improvement in a Reward/People Operations function
- Demonstrable experience of being able to challenge, influence and persuade at all levels
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.